I spent a couple of days trying to add my bank account number in the iTunes Connect backend. This turned out to be one very frustrating experience. I never would have thought that it would be that complicated. Maybe it’s because I don’t now that much about bank accounts, but it seems that a lot of people have the same issues.
None of these solutions worked for me because the bank account number format probably depends on the country. So for people desperately looking for the solution, this could help if you want to add a bank account for a Belgian Bank (in my case KBC should that matter).
So what do you have to do?
- Go to Contracts, Tax and Banking in iTunes Connect
- Select “Add Bank Account”
- Select the country
- After that you can try to enter the IBAN number, but that didn’t work for me. I tried adding my number (ex. BE20735012345678) without any hyphens. The first 4 characters are the country and bank code, and the next 12 numbers are actually your bank account.
- So I selected the option to look up my Bank, which gave me a long list of choices. I selected option with the 735 number in it, because those are the numbers my account starts with.
- So far so good. But on the next screen you’ll have to add your bank account number. And this is where I got stuck. The solution for me was this. Although the validation specifies that the account number is 12 numbers long, you have to specify the hyphens at the correct position. For example: 735-0123456-78.
- Besides that you also have to enter your IBAN number again. That should be without hyphens and spaces.
That’s it! I hope it can prevent somebody from pulling out his hair 🙂