After working on my first iPhone projects Timy and Raz*War, I was really excited about iOS Development and wanted to go further with what I learned. These 2 apps were built without a framework (except for some small open source libraries), but still there was this one framework that looked very promising and I wanted to use: cocos2d.
I spent already some time creating a couple of experiments using the framework and I really like it. If you want to get started with the framework I would suggest that you check out these links:
- The cocos2d home page en wiki page.
- Learn and Master Cocos2D for iPhone Game Dev and the book by @gaminghorror
- kwigbo.com: Tutorials, Code Snippets and Apps with source code.
- Learning cocos2d and box2d: Tutorials on how to build a game.
- Zwoptex App for creating Texture Altlas (Sprite Sheets)
More posts about my experimenting with cocos2d will come soon.